Stephen Ministry is a lay ministry program grounded in Jesus’ command to love one another. Through a confidential one-on-one caring relationship with a Stephen Minister, someone experiencing challenging times can receive the love, care and support that they need.
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Is your health or attitude affected? Relationships?
- Are you adjusting to a new job, a change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, or a recent move?
- Are you caring for someone experiencing these or other life transitions?
- Would you like to have another caring presence in your life?
Please consider allowing a Stephen Minister to walk with you on your journey back to wholeness.
A Stephen Minister IS:
- a caring, Christian friend who really listens, and offers unconditional support;
- a lay person who has received more than 50 hours of training, as well as continuing education, on how to provide confidential, distinctively Christian care;
- a child of God who walks beside a hurting person.
A Stephen Minister IS NOT:
- a counselor or therapist;
- a substitute for professional care;
- a problem-solver;
- a casual visitor.
If you would like to explore having a Stephen Minister, let our pastor know, or contact our Stephen Ministry leader for a confidential discussion.